Sunday, June 24, 2012

What a difference a year makes



I can't believe it's already been a year since I started this blog. One year ago, with a handful of anonymously-written short stories under my belt, I wondered whether I had to chops to move beyond confession magazines and sell a longer piece that actually had a cover with my name on it. You can see my panic here.

Well, three novellas later, I feel much more confident. I can't thank my editors enough for their whip-cracking faith in my abilities. I learned so much in the last 12 months, from how to work with editors (oh comment bubbles, how I love/hate you) to the joys of connecting with friends and readers (I heart Twitter!). My writing dreams seem less intimidating now because I have clearer goals and, more importantly, a game plan to reach them.

If the next 12 months are anything like the past 12 months, it's going to be another exciting year. Thank you for sticking with me on this wild ride!